Push Ups – Exercise Library
– Lying facing the ground with hands directly underneath shoulders, feet shoulder width apart and knees off the ground.
– Weight evenly distributed between both shoulders and hands
– Keep your shoulders over the hands the entire time.
– Bend the elbows allowing chest to lower to the ground.
– Ensure elbows are bending with a 45 degree angle from shoulder to elbow.
– Keep eyes forward (Head up)
– Breath in as you lower your body
– Go as far down as possible and then pushing through your hands, drive the body up and breathe out.
– Keep the hips level at all times
Push Ups Video – Our YouTube Channel
For more exercise variations and other great exercises, visit our Exercise Experts | Fitness Library page.
For more information about Moonee Valley Health and Fitness please come into our Personal Training Studio and Melbourne Exercise Physiology Clinic or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
We are a personal training studio and Exercise Physiology Clinic located near Essendon and Ascot Vale, at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore VIC 3032.
Personal Training and Exercise Physiology in Melbourne, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032 VIC
Disclaimer: Make sure to contact Registered Exercise Professionals with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia or book an appointment with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist to provide you with instructions on correct form for all exercises.