Moonee Valley Festival at Queens Park, Moonee Ponds
Come on down to the 2016 Moonee Valley Festival in Queen Park in February and enjoy the free entertainment that the Moonee Valley City Council has organised.
When: Sunday 28th February 2016
Where: Queens Park, Moonee Ponds
Event Time: 10.00am-5.00pm
The annual Moonee Valley Festival will be on again in Queens Park for a free day of summer fun on Sunday, 28 February.
The whole community is invited to be part of the excitement with market stalls, roving performers, live music, dance and entertainment, workshops and activities, the business expo, delectable food, and carnival rides.
Our Moonee Valley Health and Fitness team will be there in the Health and Wellbeing Area and can’t wait to see you all!
Watch a video of the Moonee Valley Festival
What’s on at the 2016 Moonee Valley Fesitval
- Food Stalls
- Live Music
- For the Kids
- Live Action
- Great Fun, Giveaways and Prizes
A full list of all the stage times can be found at the bottom of this page.
Food Stalls, Lots of Festive Treats and a Cooking Stage
The festival will have great food with food stalls and festive treats galore. Join the Mayor and Councillors at the Champagne Breakfast, from 10am to 12 noon. Foodies will also love the cooking demonstrations featured at the Cooking Stage.
The Cooking Stage
This year on the cooking stage will be:
- 10am-11am – Awo’s Kitchen – A Taste of West Africa
- 11am-12 noon – Sliding Door Restaurant
- 12pm-1pm – Country Women’s Association
- 1pm-2pm – Bahari
- 2pm-3pm – Hunky Dory Moonee Ponds
- 3pm-4pm – 400 Gradi Essendon
- 4pm-5pm – Tiny Chef
Live Entertainment with Music and Dance Performances
Music and dance performances all day with the CityLink Stage a highlight. As well as colourful performers roving the festival.
The City Link Stage
This year on the City Link stage will be:
- 11am-12 noon – Hula Hoop Workshops
- 12 noon-12.30pm – African Star Dance
- 12.30-1pm – Drumming Workshop
- 1pm -1.45pm – The Meltdown
- 1.45pm-2pm – Gnarnayarrahe Waitairie
- 2.15pm-3pm – Quarter Street
- 3.15pm-4pm – Sol Nation
- 4pm-4.15pm – Raw and Rugged
- 4.30pm-5pm – Island Roots
For the Kids
If you have children, then head to the live shows at the Rendina Kids Kingdom plus free carnival rides and interactive activities including art and craft, giant sand pits face painting and yoga workshops.
The Rendina Real Estate Kingdom Stage
On the Rendina Real Estate Kingdom Stage will be:
- 10am-10.15am – Kids’ Yoga
- 10.15am-10.25am – Wendy White School of Dancing
- 10.30am-11am – The Victor and Victoria Responsible Pet Education Show
- 11.05am-11.45am – Kids’ Karaoke
- 12 noon-12.30pm – The Animals of the Magical Mountains
- 12.45pm-1.10pm – The Victor and Victoria Responsible Pet Education Show
- 1.30pm-1.45pm – Kids’ Yoga
- 2pm-2.30pm – The Animals of the Magical Mountains
- 2.50pm-3.05pm – Robynmore Calisthenics College
- 3.15pm-3.45pm – Vocal Art Studios
- 3.55pm-4.10pm – Thingle Toodle
- 4.20pm-4.30pm – Studio 1 Performing Arts Dancers
- 4.40pm-5pm – Kids’ Yoga
Live Action and Interactive Workshops in the Health and Wellbeing Area
Kick up your heart rate watching the physical feats showcased at the Hall’s Taekwondo Health and Wellbeing Area or get in on the action by joining the interactive workshops for all ages.
Local Community Expo and Hobbies
Find a new hobby, join a workshop, test your green thumb, get crafty or just be amazed by the talent of your neighbours with performances and demonstrations from local community groups in the One World Cultural Area, City West Water Sustainability Area and at the Bendigo Bank Community Expo.
The Bendigo Bank Community Stage
On the Bendigo Bank Community Stage will be:
- 10am-10.15am – Celestial Tai Chi College
- 10.20am-10.30am – East Keilor Scottish Country Dance Group
- 10.40am-11am – The Dance Centre
- 11.10am-11.40am – Essendon Zumba
- 11.50am-12 noon – Community Choir
- 12.20pm-12.50pm – Moonee Valley Brass
- 1pm-1.30pm – Vocal Art Studios
- 1.35pm-2pm – Helen Curwood Dance Centre
- 2.15pm-2.35pm – Essendon Choral Society
- 2.50pm-3.10pm – The Australian Women’s Choir
- 3.20pm-3.35pm – Abby Pemmelaar of Essendon Keilor College
- 3.40pm-3.55pm – Essendon Keilor College Ensemble
- 4.05pm-4.15pm – Farnham Street Choir
- 4.30pm-5pm – Footscray Gypsies
The One World Cultural Stage
On the One World Cultural Stage will be:
- 10am-10.15am – Valanga Khoza
- 10.15am-10.35am – Aboriginal Incursions Didgeridoo Show
- 10.40am-11.10am – Flemington Chinese Saturday – Dancing Group
- 11.20am-11.40am – Akrites tou pontou
- 11.40am-12 noon – Valanga Khoza
- 12pm-12.45pm – Acequia
- 12.45pm-1pm – Chinese Lion Dance
- 1pm-1.20pm – Aboriginal Incursions Didgeridoo Show
- 1.30pm-1.45pm – Saman Indonesian Dance
- 2pm-2.15pm – Blue Fire Bellydance
- 2.15pm-2.30pm – Valanga Khoza
- 2.30pm-3.15pm – Acequia
- 3.30pm-3.45pm – Simrick Nepalese Cultural Dance
- 4pm-4.30pm – Heavy in the Movement Breakdancing
- 4.45pm-5pm – Valanga Khoz
Play Barefoot Bowls, Go Swimming or other Fun Activities
Free barefoot bowls for all the family, including BBQ and refreshments on sale at the Moonee Ponds Bowling Club from 10am till 4pm. There’s free entry to Queens Park Swimming Pool and the famous giant inflatable plus heaps of extra activities to keep all the family entertained.
Enter Festival Competitions to Win
Instagram Video Competition
WIN an Apple iPhone 6s by uploading your favourite moment at Moonee Valley Festival 2016 with #MyMVFestival! Apple iPhone 6s generously donated by Telstra Shop Moonee Ponds.
Entries close Monday 29 February at 10am EST + 1. – View the full competition details on the MVCC Website
Win PT Prizes
We have giveaways at our tent and over $350 in prizes to win on the day. You could win 1 months free boot camp, personal training sessions, meal plan or 30 min massages. To enter, come to the MVFit tent and fill out an entry form to go in the draw.
Where is Queens Park?
Most of our current local clients at Moonee Valley Health and Fitness would know where Queens Park is located, but for those clients who are part of some of our corporate programs in Melbourne CBD and for other personal training and boot camp members who are not familiar with where it is we have added a map below.
Our personal training studio is at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore VIC so if you head up Mt Alexander road heading away from the city, and is less than a 5 minute drive (about 3.5km away). Read more here about how to get to our PT Studio.
Address: Queens Park – Cnr Mt Alexander Road and Kellaway Avenue, Moonee Ponds
Melways ref: 28J6
Queens Park is a fantastic park, with lots of great grassed areas for exercise, and hopefully on Sunday 28th February we will get nice weather for the festival.
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness at the Festival
At this years 2016 Moonee Valley Festival, come down and visit the MVFit team in the Health and Wellbeing area of the festival.
All of our personal training team will be there throughout various parts of the day, as well as Samantha from SJ Health at our tent who is the studios Nutritionist and Massage Therapist.
We would love to see some of the Moonee Valley Health and Fitness members come down to this years event as well and help support the local performers, schools and community groups who will be there on the day.
If you have health and fitness questions, anything to do with exercise, fitness, health or nutrition stop past our tent at the expo and speak to our expert team.
We can’t wait to see you all there!