Improvements to the Leisure Centres
Earlier this year the Mooneey Valley City Council did a survey regarding the future of the Leisure Centres in the local area. The City of Moonee Valley currently provides aquatic and leisure services to the local community through the Ascot Vale Leisure Centre (AVLC), East Keilor Leisure Centre (EKLC) and Queens Park Swimming Pool (QPSP). The Windy Hill Health and Fitness (WHFC) is operated by the Essendon Football Club.
Through the feedback from the survey, and speaking to facility staff and the local community, they are hoping to identify key areas for improvement at each of the facilities.
Below is a quick breakdown of some of the areas that need improvements.
Ascot Vale Leisure Centre (AVLC)
- Limited lane availability for lap swimming.
- No indoor or outdoor water play equipment/features.
- Better Pools with disability access.
- The existing spa is aging.
- Change rooms require updating.
- The group fitness room requires an upgrade.
- Improve the facility quality and customer experience through improved maintenance and some refurbishment.
East Keilor Leisure Centre (EKLC)
- The facility layout is poor
- All the aquatic areas are aging and need significant improvement
- There is limited opportunity for older adults or rehabilitation activities in aquatic areas.
- Aquatic spaces provide a sub-standard environment to teach aquatic education.
- The disconnection of group fitness rooms from the centre impacts on customer experience and operational efficiency.
- Water play options are limited, the outdoor pool closed for seven months of the year.
- Facility quality is impacting on customer experience and financial performance.
Queens Park Swimming Pool (QPSP)
- Change rooms quality is poor.
- Limited shaded area.
- Lack of contemporary water play areas for children
- Quality of the entry area and kiosk is poor.
What the local council plans to do to improve the facilities.
From the report released from the Moonee Valley City Council they have a great list of ideas and plans of what they will do to improve the facilities.
- Increase the opportunity for rehab with warm water pools
- Increase the opportunities for lap swimming at EKLC and AVLC
- Incorporate meeting rooms and social meeting places for the community to use
- Refurbish change room facilities at AVLC and QPSP
- Make each facility a family friendly and fun environment
- Expand the gym areas and improve the rooms for group fitness
- Year round heated pools
- Dedicated learn to swim facilities
- Warm water and hydrotherapy/rehabilitation
- Allied health facilities on site like physiotherapists, myotherapists and podiatrists
- Improve the overall facility quality
Do you have any ideas?
Do you like Moonee Valley’s future plans for the local aquatics areas?
Are there some other areas that you think need attention?
Do you have ideas or suggestions you feel have been missed?
Moonee Valley City Council has released a document outlining all that they have planned and are having information in early July 2014.
Monday, 7 July, 5.30pm–7pm, Ascot Vale Leisure Centre
Thursday, 10 July, 5.30pm–7pm, East Keilor Leisure Centre
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness and the Community
We love being part of the local community in Moonee Valley. Our personal training studio is located at 378 Mt Alexander Road, ASCOT VALE and as a local business we like to keep ourselves and our members up to date with what is happening in our town.
The Queens Park Swimming Pool, and Ascot Vale pools are a great place for our members to complete their rehab and recovery sessions. All our personal training team are actively involved with the community and are always pleased to see plans to improve the local facilities available to everyone.
If you’d like to start a health and fitness program and want to work with local fitness professionals then come into our Personal Training Studio today. Our team of experts are some of the best personal trainers in Melbourne and would love to see you reach your health goals. Fill out our online enquiry or call (03)9997-0790 today!
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, ASCOT VALE 3032