This is a simple recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make, but if you want a healthy delicious meal, then this one is for you. Both foods are an excellent source of unsaturated fats and are extremely healthy. All you need is a salmon fillet and an avocado.
At Moonee Valley Health and Fitness we strive to give a wholesome approach to your health and fitness. At our private personal training studio in Ascot Vale, VIC, our trainers provide the best in fitness programs and also give assistance with your diet and nutrition.
Coming up with healthy recipe ideas and knowing what to eat when on a weight loss diet can often seem difficult. That’s why here at Moonee Valley Health and Fitness we are here to help you with your healthy eating recipes.
Not only do we provide weekly Fitness Workouts and Exercise Descriptions but also, simple healthy recipes to enjoy at home. Here we are providing recipe ideas for all types of meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, smoothies and even desserts.
We hope your enjoy the simple, tasty and most of all healthy range of meals we put together for you to try!
Healthy Recipe – Breakfast
The Ingredients You Need
4 wild salmon fillet. (You can also just buy pre packaged fillets in the freezer section at your local Coles or Woolworths that only need to be put in the microwave)
1 ripe firm avocado
2 lemons (1 cut into wedges, 1 sliced into thin round pieces)
What To Do:
1. Arrange lemon round pieces on the bottom of a bamboo steamer basket.
2. Season salmon fillets on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, dividing it evenly over all 4 fillets.
3. Place the salmon fillets on top of the lemon round pieces and cover with the steamer lid.
4. Bring about 5cm of water to a simmer in a large saucepan. Place steamer basket on top of saucepan and steam until fish is opaque throughout, which will be about 8 mins.
5. Cut the avocado in half and peel and thinly slice and arrange avocado and salmon on a plate.
6. If desired serve with lemon wedges.
The Nutritional Numbers:
Needs more recipe ideas?
Check out the rest of our recipes on our Healthy Recipes Page and remember we will continue to add more yummy food ideas to our blog so keep a look out!
For more information on Moonee Valley Health & Fitness please visit our website www.mvfit.com.au or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
Our Personal Training Studio in Ascot Vale, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Ascot Vale, 3032