The NDIS Quarterly Report from April 1 2019 – June 30 2019 has been released showing data that close to 100,000 participants are receiving supports for the first time.
Acting NDIA CEO (Vicki Rundle) has said “The positive impact that the NDIS continues to have on the lives of Australians with disability and their families and carers is demonstrated by improved participant satisfaction results”
Highlights of the Quarterly Report included:
- 90% of participants were satisfied with their planning experience;
- 6% growth of the NDIS provider market with 21,510 registered providers;
- The rate of unscheduled plan reviews has fallen, indicating some improvement with participant plan satisfaction;
- Of the total number of registered providers, 46% are individuals/sole traders and 54% are organisations/companies;
- 7.3% of participants identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander entering in this quarter; and
- 10.3% of participants who received an NDIS plan were of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse heritage.
Vicki Rundle commented that “while the latest Quarterly Report results are promising – there is still room for improvement and we continue to work on a number of initiatives to further enhance the experience participants have with the Scheme”.
The NDIS Quarterly Report for June 2019 as well as all the previous reports can be found at https://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/publications/quarterly-reports