Getting started with an assessment for NDIS participants:
NDIS participants can expect the following during your first meeting at Moonee Valley Health and Fitness. Our allied health team establish a strong understanding your desires and goals, and then develop a treatment plan for your NDIS plan goals.
We develop the most effective action plan of individual or combined services to improve health, wellbeing, functional capacity, and daily living skills.
To ensure that our methods are targeted to individual needs, we provide an individualised assessments with the capacity to help create the best plan based on your budget and goals:
Initial Assessments can involve looking at:
- Movement and mobility
- Pain and discomfort
- Muscle and joint dysfunction
- Symmetry between left and right limbs
- Anatomical & physiological limitations & capacity
- Risk of trips/falls/injuries
- Risk of developing chronic diseases or other co-existing complex conditions
Once we complete your initial assessment, the findings are put into practice with the most appropriate level and frequency of service/s. We have a great team of Exercise Physiologists, Personal Trainers, Physiotherapists and Dietitians to provide services funded under the NDIS.
Below are questions that are covered in our initial assessments with NDIS participants in which we discuss your goals and how Moonee Valley Health and Fitness can help you work toward them.
- Are you an NDIS registered provider?
- Yes, we are a registered NDIS service provider
- How will you help me to achieve my goals?
- In your initial assessment our experienced allied health team will discuss your goals and map out a plan for you to achieve those goals
- How much does your service cost?
- We offer Exercise Physiology, Personal Training, Physiotherapy and Dietitics which are all services that can be funded under the NDIS and are based on the NDIS Price Guide. The guide can be viewed on the NDIS website
- Can I choose which staff will work with me?
- Yes, you can choose from our team of allied health professionals on who best suits your goals.
- Can you provide the service at a time that suits me
- Our Melbourne Clinic is open 6 days a week from 5am to 10pm (closed Sundays) and we can provide services at a time that is convenient to you.
Choosing and managing your services and getting started.
Once you’ve identified the types of services that may help you achieve your goals, it’s time to find out more about the providers in your area and whether they are right for you.