Rear foot elevated split squats with a reach – Exercise Library
• This is a variation of the elevated split squat.
• Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and place one foot up on a bench behind you.
• Have your other leg out a bit further than you normally would for a stationary lunge.
• Extend your arms overhead and try to keep your trunk upright
• Contract your glutes (your ass muscles), keep your abs braced and your spine in a neutral position.
• Lower your body until your front thigh is parallel to the ground
• Once your back knee is a few centermeters from the ground, push through your front foot and return back to the upright position.
• Stay in a split squat stance and repeat the required number of repetitions on the one leg before changing to the other leg and repeat.
Disclaimer: Make sure to contact a Registered Exercise Professional with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia or an Accredited Exercise Physiologist with ESSA to provide you with instructions on correct form for all exercises.
Rear foot elevated split squats with a reach Video – Exercise Video Library
For more information on Moonee Valley Health & Fitness please come into our Personal Training Ascot Vale Studio or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
We are a personal training studio near Essendon and Ascot Vale, located at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore 3032 VIC offering one on one personal training, private group training, boot camps and corporate fitness and wellness programs.
Personal Training in Ascot Vale, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032 VIC