Push Up to Plank – Exercise Library
Reps: 8-12 ea side
– Keep your abs braced and body in a straight line from your toes to shoulders.
– Get into a standard push up position.
– Keeping your body straight and drop your right forearm on the ground (like you are going into a plank / prone hold position)
– Then lower your left forearm on the ground until you are in a plank / prone hold position.
– Extend your elbows one at a time to return to the starting position.
– Alternate which arm you are first using to go up and down so both arms get equal work.
– Repeat until you’ve completed all reps.
Push Up to Plank Video – Our YouTube Channel
For more exercise variations and other great exercises, visit our Exercise Experts | Fitness Library page.
For more information about Moonee Valley Health and Fitness please come into our Personal Training Studio and Melbourne Exercise Physiology Clinic or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
We are a personal training studio and Exercise Physiology Clinic located near Essendon and Ascot Vale, at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore VIC 3032.
Personal Training and Exercise Physiology in Melbourne, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032 VIC
Disclaimer: Make sure to contact Registered Exercise Professionals with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia or book an appointment with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist to provide you with instructions on correct form for all exercises.