DB Seated Alt Shoulder Press – Exercise Library
– Sit on a bench with your feet firmly placed in the floor and sitting up tall.
– Take a dumbbell in each hand.
– Raise the dumbbells to head height, the elbows out and about 90 degrees.
– Maintaining strict technique with no leg drive or leaning back, extend through the elbow to raise one of the weights directly above your head. Pushing weight straight up.
– Pause, and then slowly return the weight to the starting position, then perform the movement with the opposite arm and dumbbell
– Alternate Arms for the prescribed number of reps
DB Seated Alt Shoulder Press Video – Our YouTube Channel
For more exercise variations and other great exercises, visit our Exercise Experts | Fitness Library page.
For more information about Moonee Valley Health and Fitness please come into our Personal Training Studio and Melbourne Exercise Physiology Clinic or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
We are a personal training studio and Exercise Physiology Clinic located near Essendon and Ascot Vale, at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore VIC 3032.
Personal Training and Exercise Physiology in Melbourne, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032 VIC
Disclaimer: Make sure to contact Registered Exercise Professionals with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia or book an appointment with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist to provide you with instructions on correct form for all exercises.