FestAble - 2023 - Flemington Crown Street Stables
FestAble is a free event for everyone, to recognise and celebrate the Moonee Valley’s residents living with disability, along with their families, carers and friends, in a day of music, dance, art, sport, inspiration and inclusion.
About this FestAble event
This year there looks like there will be a huge range of fun and inclusive activities. This wonderful event is organised by the local MV council to help increase public awareness as well as understand and recognise the valuable contributions in our community of people with a disability.
Some of this years activities include:
- Art exhibition with local artists Patrick Francis and Sue Armstrong
- Dhumnya Walan-walan (yarning circle) with Wurundjeri Elders
- Music from local artists, including Moonee Valley’s very own country musician Johnny Shilo
- Dance performance from Leap into Dance
- African coffee
- Free BBQ/sausage sizzle (vegetarian, gluten-free and halal options available)
- The Crown Street Stables Café will also be open to purchase additional snacks.
- Inclusive yoga sessions
- Silent Disco with Guru Dudu
- Sporting activities with North Melbourne Football Club, Football Victoria and Avondale FC’s all-abilities soccer program
- Face painting, pottery, pot planting, flower crown-making, story times and badgemaking
- A low-sensory quiet space – bring your device and/or headphones
- A carer’s pamper tent
- A live, inclusive public art installation
Moonee Valley’s annual festival to celebrate people of all abilities!
It’s a day for people of all abilities and talents to take centre stage – and shine!
Where is the Crown Street Stables
The Crown Street Stables are located inside Coronet Park in Flemington and only 1.5km away from the MVFit Gym just off Ascot Vale Road.
There is on-street parking around Coronet Park. Cook and Bathe Bathroom Supplies have also kindly made their carpark available if needed and is at 31 Ascot Vale Road.
We are looking forward to the upcoming event and a number of our exercise physiologists / personal trainers, NDIS participants and local carers will be there throughout the day.
Crown Street Stables Community Cafe will be open
This beautiful heritage building in Coronet Park café is to keep the local residents connected, in particular older residents and those living in near-by housing estates, and to provide training and employment pathways for people with a disability through a social enterprise model.
The café provides employment opportunities at the centre for those with a disability and the the Crown Street Stables Café will be open on the day of the even if you would like to purchase additional snacks.
Want more information?
The event is supported by Carer Gateway, Carers Victoria, Mackillop Family Services, Wild at Heart, Moonee Valley Legal Service, Brotherhood of St Laurence, Special Olympics and MOVE Moonee Valley.
This free event will be supported by an Auslan interpreter, accessible facilities, and the City of Moonee Valley’s Access and Inclusion team. Members of Moonee Valley’s Disability Advisory Committee will also be on hand for a chat.
For more information about the event contact Kelly Armstrong who is the (Access and Inclusion Officer) tel. 9243 8781 from the MVCC email@example.com