Here is a healthy recipe for you to add to your current diet and healthy eating plan, Blueberry Protein Pancakes. This recipe makes 4 to 6 pancakes and although it is a different texture to your normal pancake they are a great alternative.
BLUEBERRY PROTEIN PANCAKES
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup water
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
– 1 scoop vanilla caesin protein powder
– Cooking spray
– Topped with blueberries
1. Heat a frying pan until hot and then reduce to medium
2. Mix the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in a blender and blend on high for 1 minute
3. Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
4. Coat the pan with a little bit of oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the pan.
5. When bubbles start to form, place evenly on pancake about 1 tablespoon blueberries
6. Remove pancakes from the pan, add extra blueberries and onto pancake and serve
7. Makes about 4-6 pancakes depending on the size.
8. You can add other fruits like banana or other berries if you wish
Caesin Protein Powder is better to use than your standard whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate, although you can still use whatever type of protein powder you like.
More healthy recipes can be found on our blog, or ask your Moonee Valley Fitness personal trainer for your own healthy eating plan and recipe book.
Moonee Valley Fitness – Local Mobile Personal Trainers, Group Training and Fitness Boot Camps