Pilates Instructor Position (Private Practice)
Melbourne • Ascot Vale • North Western Suburbs
- $35.00 to $55.00 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)
Applications Currently: OPEN
Clinical Pilates / Pilates Instructor Job Position
MVFit is an established allied health and clinical pilates studio that is looking for another pilates instructor to join our team.
We are looking for clinically trained Pilates Instructors to teach a range of small group reformer classes and 1 on 1 appointments.
The classes and 1 on 1 appointments we're looking for instructors to teach are
- 1 on 1 General Strength and Fitness Pilates
- Pregnancy Pilates
- Mums and Bubs Pilates
- Small Group Pilates
All our classes are a maximum of 4 on 1, allowing our instructors to provide individualised feedback as needed. We also have a Clinical Exercise program with 2:1 classes using a range of Pilates equipment.
Any health professionals welcome to apply! While we are looking for clinical Pilates small group instructors, we're always looking to expand our team. We offer a variety of services including physiotherapy, clinical pilates, reformer pilates, remedial massage, exercise physiology and personal training.
All our pilates instructors, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists and personal trainers in our team receive ongoing mentoring and professional development. This position is suitable for those looking for an immediate part-time load.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assessments and movement screening (depending on the level of experience and qualification)
- Individualised exercise prescription and delivery for a wide range of clientele (1:1 and 1:2 sessions)
- Small Group Classes
- Work in your own dedicated Pilates space with traditional studio Pilates equipment including reformers, one Cadillac, Wunda chair, spine corrector and arc, with access to floor space and access to our rehab gym space.
- Opportunity for mentoring in Clinical Pilates and Women's Health (overseen by our Women's Health Physiotherapists)
- Work alongside and integrate well with a team of health professionals that includes physiotherapy, exercise physiologists and strength and conditioning trainers.
What to expect with a pilates career at MVFit:
- Team focused culture including (Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Exercise Scientists, Pilates Practitioners, Massage Therapists)
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Ongoing programming support
- Commissions on fees generated
- High patient fees due to being industry leaders (and investing so heavily in our facility, patients & team), ensuring you can maximise your income potential.
- Working with an experienced team + a business that’s been in the health and fitness industry for 15+ years
- A local fitness community that’s dedicated and passionate about health and fitness
- Cert 4 (Reformer certificates may be considered)
- Current qualification / certification teaching Studio classes, comfortable with our class setting of up to 1:4
- Flexible working hours including a mix of either early mornings, evenings or Saturday mornings
- Personable, professional and attentive.
- Be a team player that is passionate about health and fitness
- Ability to work independently and use your skills to solve clinical problems and motivate clients
- Willingness to develop business skills and build a long term career
- Ability to listen, connect and build relationships with clients, team and other health practitioners
- Self-motivated with strong time management and organisational skills
- A strong work ethic
- Commitment to providing quality client-focused outcomes
Highly desirable but not essential criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Exercise science)
- APPI Pilates Certification
**New graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Have More Questions About Our Pilates Career / Job Opportunities?
How to apply for the position
Applications Currently: OPEN
Please act fast as this role will be in high demand. Applications are currently OPEN with the recruitment process starting immediately for the highest quality candidates.
Successful applicant can start ASAP. Interviews will commence immediately and we have a current wait list of clients, pilates classes and patients available.