Exercise Physiology Position (Private Practice)
Melbourne • Ascot Vale • North Western Suburbs
- $36.00 to $72.08 per hour
- ~$69,000 - $98,000+ inc of base & OTE comms
- Commission based sub-contractor position
Applications Currently: OPEN
Exercise Physiologist / Exercise Scientist Job Position
MVFit is an established private personal training studio and allied health clinic that is looking to expand our current team.
To meet the growing demands of our client base a new exercise physiologist position has be made available for an enthusiastic person to play a key role in continuing this growth.
The current role available involves part-time hours of 12 to 25 hours per week with the opportunity to grow your workload to a full time role if a suitable applicant is found and is looking for full-time employment.
All our EP's, Ex Sci qualified trainers and Physiotherapists in our team receive ongoing mentoring and professional development. This position is suitable for those looking for an immediate part-time load.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assessments and movement screening (depending on the level of experience and qualification)
- Individualised exercise prescription and delivery for a wide range of clientele (1:1 and 1:2 sessions)
- Small Group Classes
- Opportunity for mentoring in Clinical Pilates and Women's Health (overseen by our Women's Health Physiotherapists)
- Strength & Conditioning Programming
- Liaising and networking with Allied Health Practitioners, GPs and other medical professionals
- Growing and managing a client list
What to expect with a career at MVFit:
- Team focused culture including (Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Exercise Scientists, Pilates Practitioners, Massage Therapists)
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Ongoing programming support
- Commissions on fees generated
- High patient fees due to being industry leaders (and investing so heavily in our facility, patients & team), ensuring you can maximise your income potential.
- Working with an experienced team + a business that’s been in the health and fitness industry for 15+ years
- A local fitness community that’s dedicated and passionate about health and fitness
The Role Requirements:
You will have access to our fully equipped training studio and engaging clients with a variety of needs which will include:
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Strength and conditioning
- Pain management and chronic disease
- TAC, WorkSafe, DVA & NDIS Participants
- Weight management
- General fitness goal clients
- Cert 4 in fitness (minimum requirement), exercise science student, diploma, degree qualified or AEP ESSA accreditation
- Flexible working hours including evenings & Saturday mornings
- Personable, professional and attentive.
- Be a team player that is passionate about health and fitness
- Ability to work independently and use your skills to solve clinical problems and motivate clients
- Willingness to develop business skills and build a long term career
- Ability to listen, connect and build relationships with clients, team and other health practitioners
- Self-motivated with strong time management and organisational skills
- A strong work ethic
- Commitment to providing quality client-focused outcomes
Highly desirable but not essential criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Exercise science)
- Clinical Pilates experience
- Knowledge and experience in areas of strength & conditioning, chronic disease management and rehabilitation.
**New graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Have More Questions About Our Career / Job Opportunities?
How to apply for the position
Applications Currently: OPEN
Please act fast as this role will be in high demand. Applications are currently open with the recruitment process starting soon for the highest quality candidates.
Successful applicant can start ASAP. Interviews will commence immediately and we have a current wait list of clients and patients available.