For all you pasta lovers, this spaghetti squash bake is a great alternative to try. This recipe is so easy to prepare (takes about 10 minutes) and then all you need to do is let it bake for under an hour.
At Moonee Valley Health and Fitness we strive to give a wholesome approach to your health and fitness. At our private personal training studio in Ascot Vale, VIC, our trainers provide the best in fitness programs and also give assistance with your diet and nutrition.
Coming up with healthy recipe ideas and knowing what to eat when on a weight loss diet can often seem difficult. That’s why here at Moonee Valley Health and Fitness we are here to help you with your healthy eating recipes.
Not only do we provide great Fitness Workouts and huge Exercise Library but also, simple healthy recipes to enjoy at home. Here we are providing recipe ideas for all types of meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, smoothies and even desserts.
We hope your enjoy the simple, tasty and most of all healthy range of meals we put together for you to try!
Healthy Recipe – Dinner
The Ingredients You Need
1/2 a medium spaghetti squash ( cut lengthwise), seeds removed
Butter, for pan
Coconut oil or Olive oil
1/3 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2-3/4 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese + 1 or 2 teaspoons in a separate bowl
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
What To Do:
- Place spaghetti squash flesh-down in a microwave-safe dish with about 30cm of water. Heat on high for 5 minutes. Check and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, or until flesh is fork-tender and then set it aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly butter a small oven-safe dish (15cm square dish works well).
- Add a splash of coconut oil or olive oil to a pan and heat over medium to high heat. Then add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the pasta sauce.
- Use a fork to scrape out insides of cooled spaghetti squash into a medium bowl. Mix in egg, 1/3 cup Romano cheese, a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer ricotta cheese in the center, leaving a bit of room around the edges. Top with mushroom and pasta sauce mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons Romano on top and bake an additional 10 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Then let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Needs more recipe ideas?
Check out the rest of our recipes on our Healthy Recipes Page and remember we will continue to add more yummy food ideas to our blog so keep a look out!
For more information on Moonee Valley Health & Fitness please visit our website www.mvfit.com.au or call our team on (03) 9996 0790.
Our Personal Training Studio in Ascot Vale, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032