Explosive Push Up – Exercise Library
– The explosive push up is a variation of the standard push up and is also known as a clapping push up if you add a clap in at the top of the plyometric movement.
– Explosive push ups are not much more difficult to perform than standard push ups, and require only that you know the right technique when performing
– Start in a standard push up position, with your hands shoulder width apart
– Lower yourself to the ground, then as you push up as hard as you can
– Imagine that you’re attempting to push yourself all the way up to a standing position. Keep your force consistent through every part of the push up.
– As you push yourself up, lift both hands off the ground.
– Repeat for as many repetitions as prescribed.
Explosive Push Up Video – Our YouTube Channel
For more exercise variations and other great exercises, visit our Exercise Experts | Fitness Library page.
For more information about our Personal Training Studio and Melbourne Exercise Physiology Clinic call our team on (03) 9996 0790 or fill out our online contact form.
We are a personal training studio and Exercise Physiology Clinic located at 378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore VIC 3032.
If you live in the Moonee Valley area, near Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Brunswick, Maribyrnong, Ascot Vale, North Melbourne, then come on into our studio and make your health and fitness our priority.
Personal Training and Exercise Physiology in Melbourne, VIC
Moonee Valley Health and Fitness
378 Mt Alexander Road, Travancore, 3032 VIC
Disclaimer: Make sure to contact Registered Exercise Professionals with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia or book an appointment with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist to provide you with instructions on correct form for all exercises.